Ammonia which is produced by biological processes and naturally decomposes is an efficient and trusted refrigerant. It is also a natural refrigerant without the threat of global warming, having a GWP (Global Warming Potential) rating of 0 or depleting the ozone, having a ODP(Ozone Depletion Potential) rating of 0.
Add to those benefits is that it is cost-efficient because narrow-diameter piping may be used and more energy efficient (3-10% more efficient than CFC’s) which results in lower operating costs.
Benefits of a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Environmentally Safe
- Leaks are quickly detected
- Highly efficient even in large systems
- Cost effective – ammonia, exists here on earth and is less expensive because it is manufactured in huge quantities.
- Ammonia systems are more tolerant of moisture contamination
- Ammonia is the most efficient of typically used refrigerants
Features of a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Floating head pressure control
- Floating suction pressure control
- Close evaporator temperature approach
- Efficient compressor loading philosophy
- PLC Control
- Integrated gas detection
- Automatic oil recovery
- Low charge -less than 2lb/TR
Options for a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Air-Cooled or Water-Cooled Condensers
- Reciprocating, screw or long-coupled compressors
- Direct expansion, flooded, plate & frame, or shell & tube designs
- Indoor, Outdoor or Explosion Proof
- Temperatures to –50°F
Budzar Industries has the expertise to design, engineer and manufacture a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller to meet your exact specifications and requirements. We can provide compact ammonia chillers from 30 to 200 tons, and large central chiller applications up to 700 tons.