Ammonia which is produced by biological processes and naturally decomposes is an efficient and trusted refrigerant. It is also a natural refrigerant without the threat of global warming, having a GWP (Global Warming Potential) rating of 0 or depleting the ozone, having a ODP(Ozone Depletion Potential) rating of 0. Add to those benefits is that it is cost-efficient because narrow-diameter piping may be used and more energy efficient (3-10% more efficient than CFC’s) which results in lower operating costs.
The low-charge Ammonia Chillers from Budzar Industries use are based on more than 40 years of engineering, designing and manufacturing experience in the process heat transfer industry. Low Charge Ammonia Chillers, manufactured with industrial quality components are selected to give our chillers a long service life, deliver reliability, accuracy and dependability using a natural refrigerant and are safe for the environment. Even the slightest leaks are quickly and easily detected due to the offending odor. However, it needs to be noted that steps must be taken to prevent liquid ammonia from getting into a sewage system or seeping into the ground.
Benefits of a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Environmentally Safe
- Leaks are quickly detected
- Highly efficient even in large systems
- Cost effective – ammonia, exists here on earth and is less expensive because it is manufactured in huge quantities.
- Ammonia systems are more tolerant of moisture contamination
- Ammonia is the most efficient of typically used refrigerants
Features of a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Floating head pressure control
- Floating suction pressure control
- Close evaporator temperature approach
- Efficient compressor loading philosophy
- PLC Control
- Integrated gas detection
- Automatic oil recovery
- Low charge -less than 2lb/TR
Options for a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller
- Air-Cooled or Water-Cooled Condensers
- Reciprocating, screw or long-coupled compressors
- Direct expansion, flooded, plate & frame, or shell & tube designs
- Indoor, Outdoor or Explosion Proof
- Temperatures to –50°F
Budzar Industries has the expertise to design, engineer and manufacture a Low Charge Ammonia Chiller to meet your exact specifications and requirements. We can provide compact ammonia chillers from 30 to 200 tons, and large central chiller applications up to 700 tons.