Budzar Industries, the leader in engineering, designing, and manufacturing custom Process Temperature Control equipment is looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join our team.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Purchasing Manager to oversee our company’s procurement activities. The Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies and procedures, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the Purchasing Team in their daily activities.
To be successful as a Purchasing Manager at Budzar Industries you should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes, negotiate the best possible pricing with suppliers and possess excellent leadership abilities.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies, procedures and best practices.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, and delivery.
- Manage daily purchasing activities, supervise staff, and allocate tasks accordingly.
- Manage supplier relations and negotiate contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintain supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensure that all procured items meet required quality standards and specifications.
- Evaluate cost estimates and manage budgets
- Work to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance.
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives.
- Ensure timely placement of purchase orders.
- Train new employees as needed in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 3 years’ experience as a Purchasing Manager or performance in a similar role.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the Epicor ERP system is a plus.
- Purchasing Management: 3 years (Required)