Mechanical Designer & Drafter
- Use Autodesk Inventor to generate 3D models and general layouts of custom machinery.
- Use AutoCAD to create the functional piping and instrument diagrams.
- Responsible for all mechanical design aspects of products based on industrial design and other requirements.
- Review with Project Engineer the scope of design.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for fabrication. Structural frame design, piping weldments, and sheet metal design (limited use)
- Participate in product and equipment design reviews.
- Provide assistance during fabrication.
- Support design efforts to assist in meeting schedule and budget.
- Support and assist in proposal development and maintain project documentation.
The Ideal Candidate will live in the area and possess:
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, or equivalent 3D software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Maintain a pro-active attitude and be a self-starter exploring best design solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to provide concise and accurate project directions and status updates.
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree for Drafting or higher
- OR combined related work experience