Electrical Panel Shop Lead
We’re looking for an Electrical Panel Shop Lead to assist the Electrical Foreman with the supervision and production of the Electrical Panel Shop Dept. in the manufacturing of custom control panels, including mechanical assembly, mechanical fabrication, panel layout, labeling, wiring and cross check inspections. In addition, the Electrical Panel Shop Leadman assures the process, production requirements and product quality expectations and Division project needs are met.
This position requires an expert knowledge of electrical control panel assembly and mechanical control panel assembly as well as personnel management skills.
This is a physical position so the applicant must be able to be able to work on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift at least fifty pounds.
- Have the ability to lead and direct panel shop employees in both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Have good computer skills
- Have good project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read both ELECTRICAL and MECHANICAL schematics and drawings and have a good understanding of electrical and electronic symbols.
- Ability to identify electrical panel components from bill of materials and schematic symbols
- Layout panel designs based on drawings
- Fabricate electrical control panels according to drawings
- Wire panels to UL508A specifications and in accordance to drawings
- Prepare panels for testing and for shipping
- Efficient use of hand tools- mechanical and electrical
- Work in safe manner in compliance with OSHA, manufacturer’s instructions, and company policy
- Understand Safety rules and regulations in a shop environment
- Education – 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience is desired.
- Experience – Minimum 4 years of experience with panel building, layout and design.
- Experience with panel fabrication and build, component layout, electrical enclosures, electrical assemblies, controls and wiring.
- Ability to wire and build industrial control panels based on schematic, blueprint, and/or wire schedule.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
- Works with all staff to ensure compliance with safety and environmental policies
- Must be detail oriented and strive for quality workmanship.
- Must be able to be able to work on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift at least fifty pounds.