Budzar Industries Self-Contained Indoor Water-Cooled Chillers with a standard cooling capacity of 10.7 tons to 36.3 are designed for processes requiring chiller fluid temperatures from +20°F to +60°F.
The industrial skidded package includes a chiller unit, a pumping reservoir, and a rugged Copland semi-hermetic compressor. Through cylinder unloading, the compressor automatically adjusts the capacity depending upon the process load changes.
An integral water reservoir in the self-contained indoor water-cooled chiller stabilizes supply water temperatures. The water reservoir “buffers” the return water temperature variations possibly caused by cyclical loads.
The water pumping reservoir features two (2) recirculation pumps. The first pump, dedicated to the water supply to the chiller evaporator, ensures proper flow, maximum protection, and optimum heat transfer efficiency through the chiller at all times.
The second pump is a “high-flow” selection that pumps at twice the rate of the chiller supply pump achieving minimal temperature gradients across your process and enhanced product consistency and quality. A liberally sized fluid reservoir is included for supply fluid temperature stability.
Safety is important. The Self-Contained Indoor Water-Cooled Chillers boast a full complement of safety and operating controls, including function status lights for “at-a-glance” monitoring ease. Installation and start-up are fast and efficient, with only single-point power and water connections required. All motors, controls, and pumps are factory wired and piped for user convenience.
The energy-efficient Self-Contained Indoor Water-Cooled Chillers are found in various industries, including chemical, energy, medical, pharmaceutical, plastic, rubber, and tire.
Self-Contained Indoor Water-Cooled Chillers features include:
- Copeland semi-hermetic compressor
- Steel shell/copper tube type with removable head evaporator
- A.S.M.E. coded steel shell/copper tube type condenser
- Removable heads for tube-side access on condenser
- Pressure relief valve
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Chiller pump and separate process water pump minimizes process temperature gradients resulting in enhanced product consistency
- Capacities from 10 to 36 nominal tons
- NEMA 1 electrical enclosure
- Control circuit step-down transformer
- High pressure refrigeration safety control
- Low-pressure Freezestat with manual reset (unit shuts down below a certain set-point to prevent freeze damage)
- Flowswitch (unit shuts down when flow through the evaporator is lost)
- Factory tested prior to shipment